Saturday, June 19, 2010

imperial bedrooms


"They have made a movie about us."

It's 25 years later in the lives of characters from Bret Easton Ellis' first novel, Less Than Zero. I'm pretty excited that he has finally released a new book, given that the last big Bret Easton Ellis moment was the unfortunate movie version of the informers.

I think these holidays I will re-read Less Than Zero (it's been a while) before trying out Imperial Bedrooms. So far I love the opening line and just hearing the names Clay and Rip again makes we want to go back and read all his novels (sans American Psycho.) I think it might be time to hire the Less Than Zero film again, although they did change the story a little I do love a young James Spader.

p.s. I don't like the new book cover so instead this is my favourite available version of Less Than Zero




No comments:

Post a Comment