Monday, February 4, 2013

saint laurent







I had mixed feelings about the Saint Laurent re-brand, but now as the debut collection is arriving in stores Rohan and I are finding ourselves wanting just about everything. For me it's all about the hat, I'm not sure how often I would wear it but I like the idea of it, a lot. The high-top sneakers are Rohan's favourite (Hedi Slimane used to design his favourite shoes for Dior Homme) and we both love lots of black.
I also like that they have kept the original YSL typographic logo alongside the new Saint Laurent one too.

1-4. Saint Laurent Spring 2013 campaign by Hedi Slimane
5. Wallpaper magazine best re-branding award

3 comments:

  1. Mm, really digging this. I really enjoy the new pieces. That hat with the button down, ribbon necktie and sequined jacket is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the styling and mood of the campaign, for me on the runway there was just something lacking even though I like/would wear most of the pieces. I don't like the menswear FW 2013 collection though.. what did you think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collection is still underwhelming for me however the re-brand (especially when seeing all the elements together) convinces.

    ReplyDelete