Tuesday, November 13, 2012

in bruges





I just found an old roll of film from our Europe trip, photos from our few days spent in Bruges.

Rohan and I had decided after seeing the film In Bruges a few years back that we would one day have to see it for ourselves, and it was every bit the fairytale city I'd imagined. It was freezing cold, snowing, the canals were iced over apart from areas that had been cleared for the swans, all white and graceful. There were horse-drawn carriages, Belgian waffles smothered in chocolate, old-fashion windmills and beautiful old houses and churches. Hopefully we will get to go again someday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, Bruges is the town that my husband and I secretly love! Even before the movie came out, we came upon it by happenstance when we were in the region and thought a Medieval town sounded cool. Little did we know that we would fall in love with it especially when all the canals and amazing architecture are lit up at night! Being a little tipsy while eating french fries dipped in curry ketchup and stumbling upon a 500-year-old bar really make for quite magical memories! We keep talking about going back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos! What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa,I know, Bruges is so stunning! What time of year did you go? I would like to try Spring/Summer, we did a little bit of bike riding around the city which was lovely, but it was a bit too cold!

    Kara, thanks! These were taken on my Lomo Diana.

    x

    ReplyDelete